Power Solutions > Product Management > Technical Sales & Siting Solutions DACH & East Vestas Central Europe - Department: Construction Vestas Central Europe
The Technical Sales Management department is the regional arm of our global Product Management Organization, which links our Sales Business Unit and our customer needs towards the central Power Solutions Team, responsible for the global Product Development in Vestas. The Technical Bid Engineer role within Technical Sales Management is a highly diversified role that requires solid technical skills as well as a strong commercial mindset. You will work with our commercial Sales force, our customers as well as central engineering functions which requires strong communication and interfacing skills to drive regional growth in NCE by ensuring the best possible technical solution for our customers.
Your main focus as a Technical Bid Engineer (f/m/d) will be to ensure timely and correct responses to customer enquiries, prepare clarifications and deviations to tenders, and lead technical negotiations together with sales managers and customers.
• Proactively drive the technical value engineering of customer projects and lead technical negotiations as an active member of the Sales team
• Ensure timely responses to customer enquiries, prepare clarifications and deviations to tenders, as well as technical annexes and contract schedules
• You are expected to take the full responsibility for the technical solution during the Sales phase
• After an intensive induction, you will be assigned to Vestas' sales activities mainly in Austria and in further consequence, in other markets within the region
• You will need to build relationships with the key technical people in your customers' organization, driving their requirements inside Vestas and ensuring they prefer to use Vestas
• Be the link between the Local Sales organization and VPS (Vestas Power Solutions) for general technical matters and with Product Management in R&D
• Understanding of the market, customer business cases and sales' perspective in general; Track of the local rules and legislation and participate in working groups where required
• Engineering background (Electrical preferred, alternatively Mechanical, Industrial or similar) combined with commercial insight/interest or commercial background with strong interest in understanding of technical aspects
• Prior experience leading technical negotiations, ideally of heavy machinery, power plant equipment or similar, is necessary
• Previous experience in wind energy or industrial plant environment is a plus
• Fluent in business English and German both spoken and written is essential; Other EU languages are a plus
• Ability to lead and coordinate a team of engineers
• Holistic understanding of commercial and legal aspects of technical solutions
• Excellent communication skills and prior experience interacting with different stakeholders
• The ability to be flexible, organized and collaborative with demonstrated experience working in dynamic and intensive environments
• The ability to be innovative and creative with a drive towards results
• Creative solution identification and a high degree of motivation to satisfy customer needs
• Travel availability (about 25% of the time)
What we offer:
As a Technical Bid Engineer (f/m/d) at Vestas, you will be in the heart of the action of the wind industry. Despite being the largest player in the industry, Vestas is a young company. That makes us flexible and agile, giving you the freedom to act creatively and independently in an international environment and highly divers team.
People with experience working in Technical Sales Management are highly valued across multiple functions in Vestas. The role of Technical Bid Engineer (f/m/d) is an excellent start to an interesting career in Vestas.
Compensation via collective labour agreement of employment group IV as a minimum of 2582,48€ gross per month plus an market based overpayment depending on qualification and work experience.
Primary work location will be Vienna in Austria. This position requires approximately 25 % time for travel
For additional information on the position, please contact Ms Jutta Hoch-Weinert (Senior Recruiter) via phone +49 (0) 172 629 1278
Please apply online by clicking “Apply”
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.