Lead Project Manager (f/m/d) Construction (f/m/d) - Vienna, Austria Vestas Central Europe - Department: Construction Vestas Central Europe
Construction is responsible to install, commission and finally handover wind farms to the client. Working close together with the client and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, efficiently and with a high quality standard.
The Lead Project Manager (f/m/d) ensures that Wind Turbine projects for a region or portfolio are executed and optimised with the correct scope, strategy, contract, time schedule, budget and are aligned between all stakeholders. She/he will have a functional lead for the Project Managers (f/m/d) working for a portfolio of Projects (customer or region related) and will as well work with own individual Projects.
* Acting as functional lead, direct reporting to Senior Manager (f/m/d), role-model, support and sparring partner for the Project Manager (f/m/d) regarding all construction related topics handled in execution phase
* In her/his role as Project Manager (f/m/d): sales support during the negotiation phase and support of Key Account Management, starting with the handover from Sales, driving the planning of resources and milestones needed for the successful execution of the project
* Continuous updates be performed during the execution and all stakeholders are informed by using the agreed upon tools
* Continuous evaluation, project team people management, site issue resolution
* Securing the project planning is according with contractual agreements, as well as ensuring that follow up is given to changes and relevant resources from legal are drawn
* Ensuring all mechanical/electrical installations have been performed according to Vestas installation manual and according to the local legislations; Ensuring that Vestas’ quality standards are met and exceeded
* Fully responsible for project budget and any changes during execution. Cost awareness and financial control during execution and project closing and project evaluation are key functions to be fulfilled
* Degree in Engineering, Business Engineer, Business Administrator or related discipline
* Several years of experience as a Project Manager (f/m/d) – in the construction wind energy industry is a plus
* People management experience and be also a team player
* Fluent language skills in English and German, other South-East European languages are a plus
* Readiness to travel – around 30 %
* Customer oriented with good communication skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Cost awareness and business acumen
* Self-independent and a structured way of working
* Focussed and goal-oriented
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Primary location will be Vienna in Austria.
Travel activity expected will be around 30 %.
For additional information on the position, please contact Ms Jutta Hoch-Weinert (Senior Recruiter) via phone +49 (0) 172 629 1278.
Please apply online
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.