Project Manager (f/m) – Vienna, Austria Department Construction – Vestas Northern & Central Europe
Construction is responsible to install, commission and finally handover wind farms to the client. Working close together with the client and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, efficiently and with a high quality standard.
The Project Manager (f/m) ensures Wind Turbine Installation projects are planned and executed within the scope of the contract, on time and within budget. Customer relationship management, quality control, safety and leadership towards the complete project team are key functions within this role.
• Encouraging safety behaviour, securing adherence to local and/or Vestas regulations and standards on site
• Sales support during the negotiation phase
• Starting with the handover from Sales, driving the planning of resources and milestones needed for the successful execution of the project
• Key contact for the customer after the handover from Sales
• Continuous updates be performed during the execution and all stakeholders are informed by using the agreed upon tools
• Continuous evaluation, project team people management, site issue resolution
• Project closing and project evaluation are key functions to be fulfilled
• Securing the project planning is according with contractual agreements, as well as ensuring that follow up is given to changes and relevant resources from legal are drawn
• Ensuring all mechanical/electrical installations have been performed according to Vestas installation manual. Ensuring that Vestas’ quality standards are met and exceeded
• Management of the supply contract, technical communication, billing lists/invoices, claims, open issues and general relationship management
• Support of Key Account Management
• Fully responsible for project budget and any changes during execution. Cost awareness and financial control during execution is a key function
• Degree in Engineering, Business Engineer, Business Administrator or related discipline
• Several years of experience as a Project Manager (f/m) – in the construction wind energy industry is a plus
• People management experience and be also a team player
• Customer oriented with good communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Cost awareness and business acumen
• Self-independent and a structured way of working
• Focussed and goal-oriented
• Fluent language skills in English and German, other Southeast-European languages are a plus
• Readiness to travel – around 30 %
What we offer:
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Please apply online.
Location will be Vienna, Austria.
Travel activity expected will be around 30 %.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.